Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Such "Pain in the Butt"!

Well, to be more specific.... a terrible, terrible itch in the butt.. or rather, even more specifically......in the anus.

Yes, it doesn't sound pretty but I was wondering what happened when my daughter was crying incessantly about her 'bottom being itchy'... At first, I thought maybe she didn't clean herself well, then I thought maybe she was just attention-seeking.. but when it got worse - she would frequently cry and throw herself on the floor while kicking her legs - I decided that it must be a genuine problem.

There were no marks on her bottom or in the areas surrounding her anus as I suspected it might have been a rash or infection or something. So, I decided to consult some experienced mothers (always the first step before before deciding whether to blow my savings on the doctors). Most immediately replied "Oh, she has worms!"

Like eeewww, right? How do you know anyway? Apparently, what happens is that sometimes due to the food we take , we might have contracted these unwanted guests in our guts and some could have migrated waaaaaay south, therefore causing a lot of discomfort to us or our young ones. Personally, I have not experienced it before so I can't speak for myself.

But since my daughter was in such major discomfort, I consulted the pharmacist for some remedy that might help. They recommended Zentel.


I gave it to her according to the dosage stated and practically, waited with great anticipation to see if it worked.

And you know what? It did...

She never cried about "itchy bottom" again and was happy as a lark...and I felt so relieved until I thought :
"Oh my gosh, what if I have a tapeworm swimming inside me?" If you think about it, my girl is only 6 and she contracted a 'worm'... I am now 33 and have ingested a whole lot more crap into my system than she has.

Maybe we adults should also think about deworming ourselves too.... Ewww....



Carpe Diem!
Becky

0 comments: